STUD WELDING MACHINES
1 to 7 of 7 results
CDM10Get a Quoteper each
CDM8Get a Quoteper each
DA1200E/DA2Get a Quoteper each
DA1600Get a Quoteper each
DA2000Get a Quoteper each
DA2400Get a Quoteper each
99 102 041Get a Quoteper each
Stud Welding Machines - Machines
Arc Stud Welding Method (Drawn Arc / DA)
- The weld Stud and ceramic ferrule are placed in the hand tool and pressed against work piece.
- The arc is drawn when the trigger is pressed which melts the flux-end of the arc-stud along with the immediate work area of the parent metal.
- The ceramic ferrule shields the arc concentrating the heat, the gun then forces the stud into the molten pool of metal integrating it with the work piece.
- The weld metal cools and operator breaks away the ceramic ferrule to expose the weld fillet around the base of the stud.
Significant DA advantages
- Almost any size or type of stud can be welded between M3 / 3mm up to M30 / 30mm
- With the Drawn Arc process, you obtain a full fusion weld that becomes stronger than the stud itself
- Stud Diameters up to 30mm
- Labor costs are dramatically reduced with this process because through-hole preparation is eliminated and the weld can be completed by a single worker
- Penetration of weld zone for structural-type strength in steel beam construction / high-rise applications on site
- No holes to drill or swarf.
CD Stud Welding Method (Capacitor Discharge / CD)
- Stud is placed in handtool / gun and pressed against work piece
- Ignition of the arc is started when stored energy in capacitors is discharged when trigger is pulled through a special weld “timing” tip and stud starts downward.
- The stud arcs across the entire bottom face of the stud along with the parent material and the stud is forced into the molten metal using preset spring tension.
- Metal solidifies and weld is completed in milliseconds.
Significant CD advantages
- No drilling or tapping
- No cleanup
- Will not vibrate lose
- No weld fillet
- Reverse side can painted or finished before welding
- Parent base materials from 0.6mm sheet and upwards
- Very fast, 5-6 milliseconds per studweld / placement
- Weld up to 20 studs per minute