STUD WELDING MACHINES
1 to 7 of 7 results
CDM10Get a Quoteper each
CDM8Get a Quoteper each
DA1200E/DA2Get a Quoteper each
DA1600Get a Quoteper each
DA2000Get a Quoteper each
DA2400Get a Quoteper each
99 102 041Get a Quoteper each
Stud Welding Machines - Machines
Find Stud Welding Machine, Stud Welder Gun, Stud Welders for Sale and more here. QWS has Australia's largest range of welding tools and supplies online.
Arc Stud Welding Method (Drawn Arc / DA)
- The weld Stud and ceramic ferrule are placed in the hand tool and pressed against work piece.
- The arc is drawn when the trigger is pressed which melts the flux-end of the arc-stud along with the immediate work area of the parent metal.
- The ceramic ferrule shields the arc concentrating the heat, the gun then forces the stud into the molten pool of metal integrating it with the work piece.
- The weld metal cools and operator breaks away the ceramic ferrule to expose the weld fillet around the base of the stud.
Significant DA advantages
- Almost any size or type of stud can be welded between M3 / 3mm up to M30 / 30mm
- With the Drawn Arc process, you obtain a full fusion weld that becomes stronger than the stud itself
- Stud Diameters up to 30mm
- Labor costs are dramatically reduced with this process because through-hole preparation is eliminated and the weld can be completed by a single worker
- Penetration of weld zone for structural-type strength in steel beam construction / high-rise applications on site
- No holes to drill or swarf.
CD Stud Welding Method (Capacitor Discharge / CD)
- Stud is placed in handtool / gun and pressed against work piece
- Ignition of the arc is started when stored energy in capacitors is discharged when trigger is pulled through a special weld “timing” tip and stud starts downward.
- The stud arcs across the entire bottom face of the stud along with the parent material and the stud is forced into the molten metal using preset spring tension.
- Metal solidifies and weld is completed in milliseconds.
Significant CD advantages
- No drilling or tapping
- No cleanup
- Will not vibrate lose
- No weld fillet
- Reverse side can painted or finished before welding
- Parent base materials from 0.6mm sheet and upwards
- Very fast, 5-6 milliseconds per studweld / placement
- Weld up to 20 studs per minute