A LEADER IN WELDING TECHNOLOGY
Bernard was founded shortly after World War II in a small storefront space on Chicago's southeast side. Our early growth and success can be traced to our pioneering efforts in the welding industry. For many years, stick welding was the only option for the welding industry. After years of research and development, Bernard perfected the Dual Shield welding process in 1954, now known as FluxCore Arc Welding (FCAW). In the mid 1960s, while MIG welding was in its infancy, a new Bernard brand MIG welding gun and wire feeder was introduced. This was the forerunner of the current product line.
Our company's growth and success has led to several changes. In 1962, Bernard relocated to Beecher, Illinois. In 1970 the company was purchased by the Dover Corporation, a publicly owned New York Stock Exchange Company. In 2001, the company was purchased by Illinois Tool Works. Bernard now enjoys the strength and growth opportunities that come from being part of a large, financially sound company without losing the personal warmth that is frequently found in a small organization.
Bernard MIG torches have been in Australia for many decades with a strong following in many areas especially Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia. The traditional Bernard MIG guns use heavy duty copper nozzles and tip holders with a cam lock contact tip design in both short series and long series. Nowadays Bernard offers the original Bernard 300amp and 400amp MIG gun range, plus the Bernard Centerfire mig gun design which is often coupled with the WIA welding machine range.